- To understand the earth system processes through experimental watershed and critical zone observatory towards achieving sustainability in food-water-energy nexus in diverse regions.
- Achieve sustainable “Measurement – Monitoring – Management” in the region
- Understanding the complex interactions between water, energy and carbon cycles.
- Development of efficient irrigation water management system to improve crop productivity.
- Assessment of hazard and vulnerability map for different crops.
- Designing socio-economic interventions such as crop switching to improve nutrition production and farmers’ profit
Key Research Areas
- Climate change
- Land use management
- Water, energy, and carbon balance
- Critical zone hydrology and ecology
Key Research Facilities
- Setting up Automatic Weather Station –monitors precipitation, wind speed, wind direction, humidity, air temperature, dew point temperature, solar radiation, leaf wetness soil moisture and soil temperature
- Setting up soil moisture network in collaboration with TIH IIT Bombay