Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is thankful to all alumni who contribute time, material and/or money to the institute for various causes. IIT Bombay maintains strict policies to protect the integrity and privacy of personal information gathered from our website and the following terms apply to such data access.
What information do we collect?
When you make a donation to IIT Bombay, we may ask for information such as your name, address, email address, phone number and other relevant information.
Use of personal information
1. General browsing of the IIT Bombay website is anonymous and it does not register the user’s personal information except the time, date and place of visits and the name of internet service provider. This data is used only for statistics and diagnosis.
2. IIT Bombay keeps the user information strictly confidential, and this information is secured safely. All relevant information collected through IIT Bombay website is handled and used for specific purposes.
3. IIT Bombay uses the information in the following ways:
- To verify the information
- To process your donation
- To send you a receipt for your donation
- To send you a thank you note for your donation or volunteering
- To ask for your opinion and/or assistance
- To respond to your questions or comments
- To send you additional information/news about IIT Bombay
- To send you invitations for upcoming events that may interest you
IIT Bombay will not use personal information in any way other than as described above.
4. You can opt to delete all the information you have provided by simply requesting such by e-mail. All information, without exception, will be deleted in two working days.
Privacy of e-mail lists
Individuals who join IIT Bombay’s mailing lists via its website or through its campaigning engagements are added to its email database. IIT Bombay does not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our lists to anyone.
1. Cookies are pieces of electronic information which will be sent by IIT Bombay when a user visits the website. These will be placed in the hard disk of the user’s computer and will enable IIT Bombay to recognise the user when he/she visits the website again.
2. The user can configure his/her browser so that it responds to cookies the way he/she deems fit. For example, the user make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. The user may check his/her browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per individual behaviour.
Credit / Debit Card Security
When you donate to IIT Bombay online, we redirect you to the PayUMoney Payment Gateway/ SBI Internet Banking. Your card information is secure; your credit card number is used only for that particular transaction and is not stored.
Security of donation
The security and confidentiality of your information is our highest priority. We use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology to protect your information and provide a safe and secure environment for online donations.
For any questions or comments about this Terms & Conditions or to update any personally identifiable information on our website, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions for use of IIT Bombay alumni website
Use of this website is provided by IIT Bombay subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party. Your use of the site constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
IIT Bombay reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to IIT Bombay are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will IIT Bombay be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
IIT Bombay does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the materials.
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed without prior authorization from IIT Bombay is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by IIT Bombay to use any item displayed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made, and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos may have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not IIT Bombay). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
IIT Bombay takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we provide link to are owned and operated by third parties and IIT Bombay has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that IIT Bombay approves of or endorses any other third-party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.