In a heartfelt and poignant ceremony held on October 2, IIT Bombay hailed the undying spirit of two of India’s beloved and revered leaders whilst celebrating the birth anniversary the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, and its cherished second Prime Minister, Lal Bahadur Shastri.
Distinguished figures of IIT Bombay paid homage to the timeless legacies of these two luminaries by lighting the ceremonial lamp and offering heartfelt floral tributes to Gandhiji and Shastriji. They included:
– Prof. S. Sudarshan – Deputy Director (Academic and Infrastructural Affairs)
– Prof. K.V.K. Rao – Deputy Director (Finance and External Affairs)
– Prof. Tom V. Mathew – Dean (Infrastructure Planning & Support)
– Prof. Anurag Garg – Associate Dean-III (IPS)
– Prof. Suryanarayana Doolla – Dean (Student Affairs)
– Prof. Atul Srivastava – Associate Dean (Student Affairs)
– Mr. Ganesh Bhorkade – Registrar
The entire Institute community present on the occasion came together with a sense of collective responsibility and purpose. They pledged their allegiance to the Swachhata movement and made a commitment to cleanliness and purity.
Certificates of appreciation were bestowed upon the spirited students of Campus School, Kendriya Vidyalaya, and IIT Bombay, who showcased their passion and commitment through various competitions held as part of Swachhata Pakhwada 2023.
Musical performances by the faculty, staff, and students resonated with the timeless ethos of peace and freedom, creating a lasting tribute to these esteemed leaders.
Beyond the symbolic gestures and heartfelt tributes, the ceremony served as a poignant tribute to the two profoundly impactful leaders and how their ideals continue to shape the very essence and fabric of IIT Bombay’s ethos. The event not only honoured the legacy of Bapu and Lal Bahadur Shastri but also reinforced the enduring importance of their teachings in fostering a holistic and enlightened community at the Institute.