About Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at IIT Bombay: The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) wishes to do a large-scale education outreach in the domain of “Computer Science”. Towards this, we need to manage a few ed-tech platforms that will help us run the courses at scale. This would include the following:
• Learning Management System that will host course material in the form of videos and quizzes and discussion forums etc.
• Lab platform: That will help conduct CSE labs. This will support both server-side labs as well as client-side labs (in all three operating systems, Linux, MAC and Windows).
• Assessment platforms: To manage question repositories and conduct objective/subjective exams at scale.
We are already the leading computer science department in the country. By joining us in this journey, we can together transform the careers of thousands of aspiring students and make a strong impact on their lives. This is a unique opportunity for you, where you not only get to work on state-of-the-art large-scale systems, but you will also get the opportunity to interact with and learn from top subject-matter experts!
Position Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Professor Incharge
Duration: (89 days / 1 year): 1 Year
Number of Positions : 1
Salary Band: PR- O2 (42000-84000) + 7500 OCA
Key Responsibilities: The main work description will include the following, but not limited to:
• Software development for features (both backend and front end, full stack development)
• Fixing bugs
• Server/system maintenance/monitoring/administration
• Functional and performance testing
• Code/system optimization
• Root cause analysis
• UI design, usability testing
• Code/Platform documentation
• Team lead/mentorship.
Desired Profile: • Eligibility: PhD or MTech/ME with minimum 4 years relevant experience or BTech/BE/MCA/MSc with minimum 6 years relevant experience
• We require technical background and expertise in at least one of (a) Django-python, (b) React-JS front-end, (c) System administration; preferably as many of these as possible.
• Should have good exposure to Agile Methodology.
• Familiarity with (a) Cloud computing concepts/tools (virtualization, containers, message-queues, docker, kubernetes, kafka, AWS/Azure etc), (b) Devop tools (Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Selenium, Ansible, ELK stack etc) , (c ) Network/OS fundamentals, (d) System security fundamentals/tools (identity/access management, secure storage etc), (e) implementing large-scale platforms also highly preferable.
Selection criteria: The selection will be based on the below, conducted in-person at IIT Bombay. Morning: tests, afternoon: interviews.
1. A test including:
a) Programming questions in python/C++ (you can choose one of the two languages) and
b) Objective questions on CS subjects: Programming, Data structures, Linux Command line, OS, Networks, Databases
2. An interview for those shortlisted in the above test.
In your resume, please include details of any code/system you have developed, including URL of your source code (e.g. github) as appropriate. Please also highlight any significant academic achievement you have achieved (e.g. publications, TAship, Mentoring etc)
Some of the study material (not all) for the interview is available at: https://garuda.bodhi.cse.iitb.ac.in/. You can enrol in there and go through it.
Disclaimer: The position is contractual for a period of 1 year but renewable as per Institute’s guidelines and tenable only for the duration of the project. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.