A group of eminent philanthropists, including IIT Bombay’s Distinguished Alumni – Mr. Rizwan Koita (Co-Founder and CEO of CitiusTech), Ms. Rekha Koita (Co-Founder, Koita Foundation), and Mr. Shridhar Shukla (Co-Founder, Chairman, KPOINT Technologies) – met with the President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu, as part of the President’s Visitor’s Conference 2023 at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
President Murmu hailed the philanthropists who have been working tirelessly to eradicate inequality and improve the educational conditions in India. She said that she was elated to be in the company of donors who are improving the health and education of the financially constrained in the country and added, “You have been doing great work.” She thanked the eminent group for paying it forward to society selflessly and urged them to continue giving back to their nation.
The three distinguished alumni from IIT Bombay were joined by other very eminent personalities and their spouses including:
- Shri Ajay Piramal, Chairman of the Piramal Group
- Shri T.T. Jagannathan, Chairman of TTK Prestige
- Shri Rakesh Gangwal, Co-Founder of Indigo Airlines
- Roshni Nadar, Chairperson of HCL Technologies and Trustee of Shiv Nadar University
- Shri Muktesh Pant, Former CEO of Yum China
- Shri Subroto Bagchi, Co-founder of Mindtree
- Shri Prashanth Prakash, Co-Founder and Partner, Accel India
- Shri Vikram Gupta, Founder and Managing Partner, IvyCap Ventures Advisors Pvt. Ltd.
- Shri Nemish Shah, Co-Founder of ENAM and Board of Governor of FLAME University
IIT Bombay is in awe of the outstanding efforts of its alumni community as they address key societal issues plaguing the country. By tackling the root causes of inequality and harnessing the power of education through their philanthropy, our alumni continue to transform lives and ignite a spark of hope across the nation. The Institute congratulates Mr. Rizwan Koita, Ms. Rekha Koita, and Mr. Shridhar Shukla for their selfless journeys that leave behind an enduring impact on the world around us.