Our Vision: Help IIT Bombay rank among the top engineering and technology institutes worldwide by fostering strong relationships with its alumni, corporations and philanthropists.
About us: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay- Development and Relations Foundation (DRF) is a not-for-profit section 8 unit. IITB DRF facilitates Institute’s core mission and engages with our vibrant alumni community, corporations, and foundations with the goal of developing and sustaining long-term relationships. These groups are the key stakeholders in IIT Bombay’s journey of excellence. We encourage the involvement and participation of these entities in the Institute’s strategic initiatives. These include setting up world class research and academics in emerging areas of science and technology, building world class infrastructure, improving faculty value proposition, strengthening the entrepreneurship ecosystem, and contributing to the society.
IITB DRF assists fundraising endeavours by way of donor solicitations, managing donor programs, maintaining financial accounts and reporting details of all activities implemented with alumni donations.
Position Title: Manager/ Senior Manager – Donor Relations
Reporting to: Vice President - Major Donor Engagement
Job Purpose: Work closely with the team to design fund raise strategy, engage deeply with Major donors, and. Closely collaborate with other DRF verticals and internal key stakeholders at IIT B to oversee and ensure effective execution of the strategy. Raise funds for IIT Bombay, manage donors and the team; align with organization’s vision statement through end-to-end fundraising process – undertake research, identify new donors (national + international), meet potential donors, write proposals & undertake documentation.
• Conceptualize, shape and implement a comprehensive and purpose-driven fund-raising strategy by building deep and long-term engagements with Major Donors.
• Conduct prospect research and actively identify, cultivate, and solicit new partnerships, and personally engage with donors to fully understand where their interests, concerns and talents align with opportunities at IIT Bombay.
• Prepare donor narratives and fund utilization reports for relevant stakeholders.
• Powerfully showcase IITB leadership in the fields of science and technology, ongoing research work and elicit partnership from donors.
• Engage with internal key stakeholders to fully understand the strategic priorities and research focus and co-create new long-term avenues for donations.
• Analyze and mine trends, data and information to create avenues and navigate fund-raise opportunities.
• Strive to exceed the set targets for fund-raising annually with the help of the team
• 8-14 years’ experience in building and growing relationships for growth/ development
• Excellent communication & relationship building skills
• Association with philanthropy and fund raising is a plus
• Experience of managing small teams preferred
In line with market trends; commensurate to professional experience & expertise: